Friday, March 8, 2024

Active Practical Love

 How to Love

For a long time I had been asking the question 'We all know that we need to love each other, that love is the highest ideal in the world, but how? How do I love all my colleagues, all my family, people that see things differently to me, those who irritate me, those who hurt me, how do I love those who do harm in the world? In fact, how do I love anybody, and everybody? Actually, what is love?' This all occupied me a lot.   

Then one day, in 2006, I came accross Dr Tessabella Lovemore's initiative: Active Practical Love, promising a practice that would enable me to love anyone, unconditionally, through all the details, and ups and downs of life.  I signed up.

Tessabella has a family, she has been a teacher in the most demanding of situations, she has been a Waldorf teacher for 20 years. She walks her talk. 

From then onwards I trained and studied with her, and now run her courses. This year three of us are offering her life-changing course 'How to Love'. It consists of 12 lessons, each two hours long. We invite you join any one of us. 

Penny and Cobie will be offering 'in person' courses in the Cape Town area beginning next month in April - see their flyers below. 

I will be offering an 'in person' course in McGregor every second month on first Saturday mornings, beginning 1 June. There will be two 2-hour lessons each morning.

I will also offer an online course on 2nd Tuesdays of the month at 2.30 pm (SA time), beginning 11 June. There will be one 2-hour lesson each morning. 

My poster will be circulated at a later date. 

This soul touching, relationship building, life changing course consists of 12 lessons. In each lesson there is sharing of some content, discussion, and exercises. In between each session you meet 'buddies' with whom you can share your day-to-day experiences with the lesson content in a supportive space.  

We have a set fee structure for running the courses internationally, in South Africa, and in certain agreed upon communities, eg McGregor residents who will be offered a reduced fee. Payment arrangements can be worked out with you individually.

We look forward to you joining us in helping to bring more love into the world. 

Warmly,

Briar Grimley